1. VENUE: Zoo Park, Independence Avenue, Windhoek
2. EVENT DATE: 22 March 2014
3.1 REGISTRATION PERIOD: 15-21 March 2014 (no registration on day of tournament!!)
3.2 REGISTRATION METHODS: e-mail email@example.com or sms 081-4006467
3.3 PARTICIPANT’S PARTICULARS: Name, Gender
3.4 REGISTRATION FEES: Scholars - N$ 20, Adults - N$ 40
4. WHO MAY PARTICIPATE: This is an Open Tournament, everybody is welcome.
5. EVENT SCHEDULE:
Set-up starts: 08h00
Welcome and Opening - 08h45
Announcements: Tournament Director
Round 1 : 09h00-09h50
Round 2 : 10h00-10h50
Round 3 : 11h00-11h50
Round 4 : 11h00-11h50
Round 5 : 13h00-13h50
Round 6 : 14h00-14h50
Round 7 : 15h00-15h50
Prize Giving: 16h30
Vote of Thanks/Closing Remarks
5. FORMAT & RATE OF PLAY:
The tournament will be played over 7 (SEVEN) Swiss-paired rounds. Rate of play will be 25 minutes per player per game.
6. GRAND PRIX POINTS SYSTEM:
The Grand Prix Series consists of 5 (FIVE) legs. The overall winner of the Grand Prix shall be the player who amasses the most points in 4 (FOUR) of the 5 legs. For each Grand Prix leg, points will be allocated as follows to the top 8 (EIGHT) players;
1st Place = 12 points
2nd Place = 8 points
3rd Place = 6 points
4th Place = 5 points
5th Place = 4 points
6th Place = 3 points
7th Place = 2 points
8th Place = 1 point
6. PAIRING AND TIE BREAK SYSTEM:
Swiss Perfect will be used for the pairings. Please note that the breaks between rounds will be used to do the pairings according to the SWISS SYSTEM.
TIE-BREAK: Direct encounter, Progressive Score, Most Wins Median-Bucholz
1st Prize = N$ 800 + Trophy & Gold Medal
2nd Prize = N$ 600 + Silver Medal
3rd Prize = N$ 400 + Bronze Medal
N$200 Worth of Lucky Prizes to be WON!
PS: Cash prizes to be shared by players with equal points. Tie-breaks will be used to determine final standings.
8. SPONSORSHIP OF 1ST LEG
8.1 SPONSOR: BEN NGAIRORUE
8.2 TOTAL: N$ 2,000
1. Silence at all times.
2. Cellular phones should be switched off or put on “silent” mode if switched on. No talking while playing allowed.
3. No assistance to chess players will be allowed during their games. A player who offers assistance will be expelled from the tournament.
4. If a player touches a piece, (s)he should move that piece, provided a legal move can be made with that piece. (Touch is a move.)
5. Each player must press the clock with the same hand that moves the pieces. However, when castling, capturing or completing a promotion, a player may use both hands.
6. Any player who makes themselves guilty of rude behaviour will be disqualified with immediate effect.
The rapid rules of FIDE will apply during this event.
The Appeals Committee to be announced in due course.
Complaints should be directed to the individual members of the Appeals Committee. Should a player be unhappy with the initial decision made by such a member, (s)he may appeal. The remaining members would then weigh in and their decision is final.