2015 GRAND PRIX 4th LEG REGULATIONS
VENUE: Groove Mall, Khomasdal, Windhoek
2. EVENT DATE: 4 July 2015
3.1 REGISTRATION PERIOD: 02-04 July 2015
3.2 REGISTRATION METHODS: sms 081-853 9257
3.3 PARTICIPANT’S PARTICULARS: Name, Gender (& Year of birth if born AFTER 1994, ie 1995- present.)
3.4 REGISTRATION FEES: Scholars - N$ 20, Adults - N$ 40.
4. WHO MAY PARTICIPATE: This is an Open Tournament, everybody is welcome.
5. EVENT SCHEDULE:
Setting up and Registration starts: 08h00
Welcome and Opening - 09h45
Announcements: Tournament Director
Round 1 : 10h00-10h50
Round 2 : 11h00-11h50
Round 3 : 12h00-12h50
Round 4 : 14h00-14h50
Round 5 : 15h00-15h50
Round 6 : 16h00-16h50
Round 7 : 17h00-17h50
Prize Giving: 18h30
Vote of Thanks/Closing Remarks
5. FORMAT & RATE OF PLAY:
The tournament will be played over 7 (SEVEN) Swiss-paired rounds. Rate of play will be 25 minutes per player per game.
6. GRAND PRI POINT SYSTEM:
The Grand Prix Series consists of 5 (FIVE) legs. The overal winner of the Grand Prix shall be the player who amasses the most points in 4 (FOUR) of the 5 legs. For each Grand Pri leg, points will be allocated as follows to the top 8 (EIGHT) players;
1st Place = 12 points
2nd Place = 8 points
3rd Place = 6 points
4th Place = 5 points
5th Place = 4 points
6th Place = 3 points
7th Place = 2 points
8th Place = 1 point
6. PAIRING AND TIE BREAK SYSTEM:
Swiss Manager will be used for the pairings. Please note that the breaks between rounds will be used to do the pairings according to the SWISS SYSTEM.
TIE-BREAK: Direct encounter, Progressive Score and Most Wins.
If players are still tied, then 1 game of Armageddon will be played.
1st Prize = Trophy, Gold Medal & 800
2nd Prize = Silver Medal & 600
3rd Prize = Bronze Medal & 400
N$200 Total for Lucky Prizes to be WON!
GRAND TOTAL 2,000 sponsored by Mr. Ben Ngairorue.
1. Silence at all times.
2. Cellular phones should be switched off or put on “silent” mode if switched on. No talking while playing allowed.
3. No assistance to chess players will be allowed during their games. A player who offers assistance will be expelled from the tournament.
4. If a player touches a piece, (s)he should move that piece, provided a legal move can be made with that piece. (Touch is a move.)
5. A player may claim a win if his/her opponent makes an illegal move. This claim should be made immediately and not a move later.
6. Each player must press the clock with the same hand that moves the pieces. However, when castling, capturing or completing a promotion, a player may use both hands.
7. Any player who makes themselves guilty of rude behaviour will be disqualified with immediate effect.
The blitz rules of FIDE will apply during this event.
The Appeals Committee to be announced in due course.
Complaints should be directed to the individual members of the Appeals Committee. Should a player be unhappy with the initial decision made by such a member, (s)he may appeal. The remaining members would then weigh in and their decision is final.
Tournament Director (Unsigned. Sent via email)