2015 INDEPENDENCE BLITZ CHESS TOURNAMENT
1. VENUE: UNAM Khomasdal Campus
2. EVENT DATE: 14 March 2015 (Saturday)
3.1 REGISTRATION PERIOD: 10 – 14 March 2015
3.2 REGISTRATION METHODS: e-mail email@example.com or sms 081-4006467 or at the venue before 09h30
3.3 PARTICIPANT’S PARTICULARS: Name, Gender (& Year of birth if born AFTER 1994, i.e. 1995- present.)
3.4 REGISTRATION FEES: Scholars - N$ 20, Adults - N$ 30
4. WHO MAY PARTICIPATE: This is an Open Tournament, everybody is welcome.
5. EVENT SCHEDULE:
Registration starts: 08h00
Welcome and Opening - 10h00 – Mr. Otto Nakapunda: NCF President
Announcements: Mr. Immanuel Gariseb: NCF Technical Director
Round 1 : 10h15-10h25
Round 2 : 10h40-10h50
Round 3 : 11h05-11h15
Round 4 : 11h30-11h40
Round 5 : 11h55-12h05
Round 6 : 12h20-12h30
Round 7 : 13h10-13h20
Round 8 : 13h35-13h45
Round 9 : 14h00-14h10
Round 10: 14h25-14h35
Round 11: 14h50-15h00
Prize Giving: 15h30 – Ms. Jolly Nepando: NCF Treasurer
Vote of Thanks/Closing Remarks – Mr. Charles Eichab: NCF Vice-President
5. FORMAT & RATE OF PLAY:
The tournament will be played over 11 (eleven) Swiss-paired rounds. Rate of play will be 5 minutes per player per game.
6. PAIRING AND TIE BREAK SYSTEM:
Swiss Manager will be used for the pairings. Please note that the breaks between rounds will be used to do the pairings according to the SWISS SYSTEM.
TIE-BREAK: Direct encounter, Progressive Score and Most Wins.
If players are still tied, then 1 game of Armageddon will be played.
Total Prize Fund GRAND TOTAL N$5,000
In addition, all top 3 finishers in each category will receive certificates.
1. Silence at all times.
2. Cellular phones should be switched off or put on “silent” mode if switched on. No talking while playing allowed.
3. No assistance to chess players will be allowed during their games. A player who offers assistance will be expelled from the tournament.
4. If a player touches a piece, (s)he should move that piece, provided a legal move can be made with that piece. (Touch is a move.)
5. A player may claim a win if his/her opponent makes an illegal move. This claim should be made immediately and not a move later.
6. Each player must press the clock with the same hand that moves the pieces. However, when castling, capturing or completing a promotion, a player may use both hands.
7. Any player who makes themselves guilty of rude behaviour will be disqualified with immediate effect.
The blitz rules of FIDE will apply during this event.
The Appeals Committee to be announced in due course.
Complaints should be directed to the individual members of the Appeals Committee. Should a player be unhappy with the initial decision made by such a member, (s)he may appeal. The remaining members would then weigh in and their decision is final.
“This tournament is held in euphoric celebration of our believed country’s 25 silver jubilee.”
Happy Birthday Namibia