2012 NAMSPORTS INDEPENDENCE BLITZ CHESS TOURNAMENT REGULATIONS
1. VENUE: UNAM Khomasdal Campus (formerly known as Windhoek College of Education)
2. EVENT DATE: 17 March 2011
3.1 REGISTRATION PERIOD: 12 – 17 March 2011
3.2 REGISTRATION METHODS: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or sms 081-211 6463.
3.3 PARTICIPANT’S PARTICULARS: Name, Gender & Year of birth if born AFTER 1991, ie 1992- present.
3.4 REGISTRATION FEES: Scholars - N$ 20, Adults - N$ 30
4. WHO MAY PARTICIPATE: This is an Open Tournament, everybody is welcome.
5. EVENT SCHEDULE:
Welcome and Opening - 09h00 – Tournament host, Mr. Otto Nakapunda
Round 1 : 09h15-09h25
Round 2 : 09h40-09h50
Round 3 : 10h05-10h15
Round 4 : 10h30-10h40
Round 5 : 10h55-11h05
Round 6 : 11h20-11h30
Round 7 : 12h10-12h20
Round 8 : 12h35-12h45
Round 9 : 13h00-13h10
Round 10: 13h25-13h35
Round 11: 13h50-14h00
Vote of Thanks/Closing Remarks – NCF President Max Nitzborn
5. FORMAT & RATE OF PLAY:
The tournament will be played over 11 (eleven) Swiss-paired rounds. Rate of play will be 5 minutes per player per game.
6. PAIRING AND TIE BREAK SYSTEM:
Swiss Manager will be used for the pairings. Please note that the breaks between rounds will be used to do the pairings according to the SWISS SYSTEM.
TIE-BREAK: Direct encounter, Progressive Score and Most Wins.
If players are still tied, then 1 game of Armageddon will be played.
Special Prize: Best Woman
GRAND TOTAL 3,000
In addition, all top 3 finishers will receive certificates.
1. Silence at all times.
2. Cellular phones should be switched off or put on “silent” mode if switched on. No talking while playing allowed.
3. No assistance to chess players will be allowed during their games. A player who offers assistance will be expelled from the tournament.
4. If a player touches a piece, (s)he should move that piece, provided a legal move can be made with that piece. (Touch is a move.)
5. A player may claim a win if his/her opponent makes an illegal move. This claim should be made immediately and not a move later. A King left in check may be captured to end the game.
6. Each player must press the clock with the same hand that moves the pieces. However, when castling, capturing or completing a promotion, a player may use both hands.
7. Any player who makes themselves guilty of rude behaviour will be disqualified with immediate effect.
The blitz rules of FIDE will apply during this event.
The Appeals Committee to be announced in due course.
Complaints should be directed to the individual members of the Appeals Committee. Should a player be unhappy with the initial decision made by such a member, (s)he may appeal. The remaining members would then weigh in and their decision is final.
Otto Z. Nakapunda
081-211 64 63
Tel: 061-26 18 99
Fax: 061-26 18 99